Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

About: Traffic Light "Best Man"


This weeks episode of Traffic Light gave us a closer look into Adam and Mike's relationship. Adam has gained the reputation of  "party extinguisher" after ruining Mike's bachelor party years ago. Why not ask the Croatian stripper if she was effected by the genocide? I mean, it's a valid question. Something about this instance and Adam's general personality makes me think this probably wasn't an isolated incident. So when he's given the opportunity to throw another bachelor party as "research for an article", aka Kev has no weekend plans, Adam decides to use this as a means to redeem himself. Was I the only one who never realized that Mike and Adam were best friends? I mean, in retrospect it seems fairly obvious but I think this is the first time they have come out and said it. Up until this episode it seemed like they were the three musketeers and now they're Chandler and Joey....and Ross.

So Mike had a secret second bachelor party? That's cold. Although I can't really blame him for not wanting to invite Adam after what happened with the other party. I was going to be disappointed if Adam forgave Mike too quickly for this offense. I thought it would feel like a cop out but after Mike's heartfelt speech about why he chose Adam as his best man I found myself forgiving Mike along with him.

I was really happy to see Lisa and Callie spending time together outside of the group. I think this was the first time they've had a story that didn't involve one of the three guys. That's exactly what I've been hoping would happen. If they expect us to believe that Callie and Lisa are friends we're going to have to see them together more often. Adam Goldberg was funny as Reggie. I have to be honest though, at first I didn't catch on to the joke. A little slow on the uptake, I guess. But once I got it I liked it and I wanted to rewind and hear the ones I missed. I'm not surprised that I didn't catch on, it took me more time than I'd like to admit to catch on to the 'Sofa King' and 'Cork Soaker' skits on SNL. So I'm wondering if I was the only one that needed the explainer they threw in?

So Ethan is settling down. How long do we think that's going to last? I think it's far too early in the series to tie the "eternal bachelor" down. Right now his lack of commitment is one of the only things we know about him. I think we need to know a little more about Ethan before we take that away.

If there was one thing I didn't like about this episode it was the weird storyline with Tad the convenience store guy. Did I miss him in a previous episode? I felt like we were supposed to know who he was already, but I had no idea. I just didn't like the character. I'm not sure if he was written poorly or if the actor's delivery was off but he felt like a lesser version of a character I've seen before. Did anyone else feel that way?

Other than Tad, I really enjoyed this episode of Traffic Light. There are a couple things I have to mention:

*I loved the shout-out to The Little Rascals.
"The Little Rascals = best bachelor party ever.

*Kev is just hilarious. 
"I've got night-sweats,  I can't stop crying and my teeth are always bloody."

* Pretty much everything Reggie said. I'm a sucker for a good pun.

2 comments:

  1. Tad was on the episode, "Stealth Bomber", where he invited himself to Mike and Lisa's BBQ. I think it was a pretty funny bit for that episode but felt a little forced in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I had totally forgotten that one. He really wasn't bad in that one but you're right, he was way too forced in this episode.

    ReplyDelete