Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

About: Gossip Girl “Inglorious Bassterds”

What happened! I never thought I’d see the day when Chuck Bass returned to his old ways. It was disappointing to say the least. Not only because I thought Chuck had grown out of his scheming, dishonest, manipulative past, at least wherever Blair was concerned, but also because I feel like we weren't even given fair warning. It would be one thing if Chuck really lost it and fell into some kind of life altering depression that lasted over the course of at least a few episodes. Or if we had been given more about his fear of failure in the eyes of those he cares about. At least if we were worried that his livelihood was at stake, which we aren’t because as far as we’ve been told, Chuck Bass is a billionaire with an endless supply of money. You can’t tell me that one little hotel will bankrupt the Bass name. So all that to say, while I found his betrayal of Blair shocking I almost couldn’t buy it. Before this episode aired, if you had asked me to describe Chuck and Blair’s relationship I would have told you that they would never manipulate each other the way they manipulate others. Maybe that’s the drama the show was going for, but without a proper set up within the storyline I find it loses something.

Now, as far as Jenny Humphrey goes I was annoyed but not surprised. Hasn’t everything always been about her? Oh no? She’s not the center of the universe? Try telling her that. Selfish Jenny Humphrey, when will you realize that Nate has loved Serena for years and it doesn’t look like he’s planning on leaving her anytime soon. Jenny will never be satisfied with what she has. She always wants more. I have a feeling she’ll learn her lesson eventually.

From the looks of the preview for next week Serena will be getting a visit from her ex boyfriend Carter Baisen. Who wants to bet that little Jenny Humphrey will catch wind of this and plot a scheme against Serena and Nate’s relationship? I have a feeling it’ll all blow up in her face and she’ll lose not only Nate’s friendship but Serena’s trust. And as we all know you do not want to get on Serena’s bad side.

As far as Dan and Vanessa’s relationship goes, I feel like it’s been underdeveloped up to this point. Ok, we get it. It’s hard to go from best friends to dating but we all got over the fact that you had a threesome together so I’m sure we can find a way to move on from this. I’m curious to see where the writers take their relationship. There seems to be the possibility that Vanessa will trasfer so we might be looking at a long distance relationship. At least from what I’ve noticed the long distance relationship story lines are usually a means to an end. They’re often used to break up a couple or just give one character the boot altogether. I guess we’ll just have to see.

Not too long from now we’ll be saying goodbye to our favorite upper east siders for the summer and from the looks of it we’re shaping up for some real drama between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment