Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

About: Gossip Girl "The Unblairable Lightness of Being"

Wedding bells were ringing on last night’s episode of Gossip Girl but there was still a distinct chill in the air from last week’s unfortunate events.

Dorota and Vanya tied the knot in their slightly ridiculous Russian ceremony and are moving out of the Waldorf’s penthouse and in to the apartment Cyrus bought them. And it got me thinking, will this be the end of Dorota? As this season developed we were seeing less and less of Dorota’s eager face and it seemed like Blair no longer needed her queen minion now that she had Chuck. But now Blair is single again and it looks like Dorota and Vanya are being phased out. Life is tough for the Queen Bee these days. School has been hard for her this year and she’s having trouble locking down her NYU empire. Now, Chuck is out of the picture and she doesn’t seem to have anyone to turn to. Serena is in her own world these days with her search for her father and her relationship problems own (more about that later). So, who’s Blair to turn to? While I don’t think it’s likely I would love to see a friendship blossom between Blair and Dan. I wouldn’t want to lose the witty banter between them but it would be great if Blair had someone else to talk to and “Lonely Boy” has seemed particularly lonely these days.

What is with Serena’s obsession with finding her father? With the way they’re building this up I better see an A-list actor playing Serena’s dad. I’m thinking Richard Gere…I think what’s most difficult about this storyline is that I really don’t care. It doesn’t matter to me whether or not Serena ever meets her father. This is a huge problem where writing is concerned. I should care. And I don’t see why Serena wants to see him after the way he’s been avoiding her. I am intrigued to see what is going on between him and Lilly though. What good reason could there be for abandoning your husband for days at a time to see an ex? I don’t think she’s cheating, that would be too easy. He must be holding some past indiscretion over her head. But what?

Little J was in fine form last night playing the concerned friend. I just can’t believe that Nate is still buying into it even after Jenny kissed him. Part of me thinks he really does care about her and they’re friendship. Part of me thinks he likes the attention. It will be interesting to see what happens now that he thinks Serena went off with Carter. Will he accept Jenny’s advances out of revenge or will he be the decent honest man we know he’s capable of being? Unlike some Bass-terds

Speaking of which, I was very proud of the show for not immediately giving us the satisfaction of Chuck and Blair reunited. While I still find myself loving Chuck, even after his less than rousing plan with uncle Jack, there is no way that Blair should take him back so quickly. We’ve seen how she can make him beg on his hands and knees and I think that’s exactly what he deserves. He has to show her that he’s seen the error of his ways but I don’t think he’s there yet. On the other hand, I don’t really believe that Blair doesn’t like who she’s become with Chuck. She is the best version of herself I’ve seen baring one bad choice made in the name of love. The fact of the matter is that Chuck is the man for her no matter how screwed up he can be at times. We’ve all seen what he’s capable of when he’s got Blair’s love and support.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment